|Atlantis featured on the cover of Warmbloods Today
|Nov/Dec 2013 issue
- The Danish Knabstrupper
Society, Knabstrupperforeningen for Danmark (KNN), came from Denmark and visited Altamont Sport Horses in October
2013 for our first ever Knabstrupper inspection. We had several mares inspected and all were approved for producing
Knabstrupper foals when bred to approved Knabstrupper stallions. These mares include: Regnbue DCSH, Firefly de Bec, Waps
Skip N Line, Tanzanite, Tallulah Belle, Waps A Daisy, Social Butterfly, At First Sight, Scholastika, Adahlia and Etched in
Chocklate. We also had all 5 Knabstrupper foals inspected and branded including: ASH Artemis, ASH Aurora,
ASH Nova, ASH Orion and ASH Dobbelt Regnbue. It was a wonderful experience with the Danish Inspection Team and our
very many general volunteers who helped make the inspection a great success. Thank you everyone!!
-ASH sponsored the second annual Knabstrupper
IBC Dressage Sport Horse Breeding class at Dressage at Devon. The Knabstrupper class had a very good turnout and, along
with Knabstruppers competing in the young horse classes, the Knabstrupper breed gained additional visibility as
worthy, amateur friendly dressage prospects and competitors.
- Knabstruppers!! ASH is excited to announce that it has expanded it's breeding
program to include a rare Danish Warmblood breed, the Knabstrupper. The Knabstrupper is a versatile breed known
to have fantastic amateur friendly dispositions. The Knabstrupper has spotted coat patterns similar to Appaloosas such
as leopards, spotted blankets, snowcaps and few spot leopards, however the two breeds are not closely related to each
other. The Danish Knabstupper Registry (KNN) permits crossing Knabstruppers with approved warmblood mares, Thoroughbreds
and Arabians but the preferred outcross is the Trakehner. We will be using our Trakehner mares in our
Knabstrupper breeding program. We've also added three Knabstrupper broodmares to our program. Thus far
we have 5 Knabstrupper foals expected for 2013. See our breeding schedule page for additional information.
- ASH has acquired the RPSI and KNN approved 2001 Knabstrupper stallion Ambrosius af Asgard "Atlantis", bred in Germany and imported to the U.S. as a yearling. Atlantis
will be resuming his dressage training and beginning USDF competition during the 2013 USDF competition year.
- ASH is the proud sponsor of the first ever Knabstrupper IBC (Individual Breed
Class) at Dressage at Devon scheduled for Thursday September 27, 2012. For more information see the DAD Prize List. - Hollywood Hot Spot produced his first filly, a black near few spot filly out of the foundation
Appaloosa mare Galahad's Eclipse (Sir Galahad x Lady Magnificent). She is a sweet, friendly girl with
a beautiful face, long legs and curves in all the right places. We've named her Hollywood PinUpGirl (a.k.a. Sophie).
- Hollywood Hot Spot's first foal crop is on the ground. He had three handsome colts:
a bay few spot leopard out of a brown few spot mare, a dun snowcap colt out of a dun snowcap mare and a bay leopard colt out
of a bay leopard mare (not owned by ASH). All three are demonstrating that fantastic Woody personality that make him
a barn favorite everywhere he goes.
- Kryptic has begun his competition career and is focusing on dressage at this
time. On February 19, 2011 and with only 10 weeks under saddle young Kryptic attended his first dressage show (schooling)
at Poplar Place in Hamilton, GA. He showed Training Level, Test 1 with a good score and excellent comments from the
judges including "incredible", "brilliant", "lovely" and "talented." No
doubt about it, Kryptic has a super competition career ahead of him. You can see his dressage test video and four
shorter videos from the following day when he was introduced to the cross country course and water complex. See Kryptic's page.
-Janine Lee has joined ASH as full time Trainer. She will
be starting our youngstock under saddle and competing our stallions and other performance horses in the dressage ring in
2011. See our current show schedule.
- Hollywood Hot Spot has returned
home to Alabama where he will continue his training and show career in USDF Region 3. He is available
for breeding with fresh cooled shipped semen since January 17, 2011. We also offer frozen semen.
2007 Trakehner stallion Kryptic is going very well under saddle and is tentatively scheduled to attend his
first dressage schooling show in February 2011.
- ASH bred stallion, Hollywood Hot Spot, has begun his dressage training with Silvia Geyer at KD Trakehners in Watertown,
- ASH bred stallion, Hollywood Hot Spot, has qualified for the USDF Great American/USDF Breeders' Championship
Southeast Series Final in the Stallion Championship Final class to be held 9/19/2010 at The Good Horseman Foundation Fall
DSHB Show in Conyers, GA.
- ASH acquired the Foundation Appaloosa mare, Galahads Eclipse from Domino Farm of Brooks , GA.
- ASH acquired the Appaloosa
mare, Waps StandingOvation (full sister to JG Appaloosa's Wap Spot, from T/N Farms of Traverse City, MI.
- Hollywood Hot Spot began showing under saddle in USDF dressage competition (region 2) with
his trainer and rider, Silvia Geyer.
- ASH bred and owned Trakehner stallion Kryptic has been nominated for his American Trakehner
Association stallion inspection at the ATA Annual Convention November 11-13, 2010. He was not approved by the ATA.
We have considerable confidence in Kryptic, and interest from mare owners, so we are keeping Kryptic intact for breeding while
he pursues his competition career.
- Kryptic was started under saddle in November 2010 after returning from the
ATA Annual Convention.
- ASH bred stallion, Hollywood Hot Spot, entered training late 2008 and was started under saddle early 2009.
- ASH bred 2007 Trakehner filly, Adahlia (Advocate *Ps* x Ala by Troy) had a very successful first year of showing
within the USDF.
- Reserve Champion HOY Yearling Filly in DSHB with
the American Trakehner Association.
- Adahlia earned 19th in the Nation USDF Yearling Filly in DSHB
- 6th in Southeast Region in the Great American Insurance
Group/USDFBC for Fillies of All ages- Karri Henning was named the 19th Leading Breeder in the
Nation by the USDF
- Karri Henning was listed as the USEF's 58th Leading Breeder for 2008